Roasted Tomato Asparagus Pasta
This quick pasta recipe is great to throw quickly together. Go vegan/vegetarian or add shrimp or chicken for carnivores.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Yields: 5 servings
- 1/8 cup red wine
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
Meat Options: Chicken or Shrimp
- Bring a large pot to boil. While you are waiting for it to boil, wash the asparagus and naturally break off the bottom ends. Discard the ends and cut the asparagus into inch long pieces.
- Add the pasta and asparagus in the boiling water. Boil for about 10 to 15 minutes (check the packaging for the pasta.
- Open the roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce and add to a sauce pan along with the crushed garlic. Put on medium low heat.
- Chop up the shallots and zucchini into small pieces and add to the tomato sauce.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, red wine and spices and stir well. Let it heat for 10 minutes.
- When the pasta and asparagus is done boiling, drain.
- Add the pasta/asparagus mixture onto a plate and top with the tomato sauce.
- Top with your choice of cooked shrimp or chicken for a carnivore recipe.