Zucchini Bread Muffins
With my low FODMAP diet, I miss muffins. Luckily I found the Gluten Free Goddess, who has some great recipes. I adapted one of her recipes to make some delicious, low FODMAP gluten free zucchini bread muffins. Yummy!
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Yields: 2 dozen muffins
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cups tapioca starch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 count eggs
- 2 tsp fresh lemon or orange juice
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a muffin tray with a non stick cooking spray (or better yet use a manual pump with olive oil to eliminate chemicals!
- Grate the zucchini and then pat dry with a paper towel to remove the moisture. Fluff with a fork and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Next add the brown sugar. Make sure you remove any chunks of brown sugar before adding to the other dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, eggs, lemon/orange juice and milk (you can use coconut milk as well and still be low FODMAP!). Stir until well blended (here the Gluten Free Goddess recommends using a electric beater and beating the batter for 2 minutes. I didn’t do it and the muffins turned out great!)
- Add in the shredded zucchini and stir by hand to combine.
- With your hand, evenly distribute the batter between 2 dozen muffin tins. They will rise, so don’t fill them more than 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and you can stick a toothpick in it without it sticking.