Carrot Cake Muffins
I took the same recipe for Zucchini Bread Muffins, and using the left over carrot shreds from my awesome amazing juicer, I created these delicious muffins. I like them even better than the zucchini ones!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Yields: 1 dozen
- 2 cups grated carrots (or left overs from carrot juice)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 count eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a muffin tray with a non stick cooking spray (or better yet use a manual pump with olive oil to eliminate chemicals!
- If you use a juicer, simply juice some carrots and use the leftover for your muffins! If you don’t juice, then grate the carrots and pat dry with a paper towel. Fluff with a fork and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Next add the brown sugar. Make sure you remove any chunks of brown sugar before adding to the other dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, eggs, orange juice and milk (you can use coconut milk as well and still be low FODMAP!). Stir until well blended. You can use an electric beater if you want a smooth finish. Manual works as well though!
- Add the shredded carrots and stir in well.
- Distribute the batter into a dozen of muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and you can stick a toothpick in it without it sticking.