Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust
I tried a vegan cauliflower pizza crust once with major failure. I did not dry it at all, nor did I cook it before hand, so it just ended up as a really soggy pizza. Not good.
This crust, however, is different. I modified the vegan cauliflower pizza crust recipe from Detoxinista, and it turned out amazing. I’m going to be having pizza every week!
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 60 min
- Yields: 2-4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 TBSP ground flax seed
- 6 TBSP water
- 1/2 c brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Cheese cloth or other thin cloth.
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Chop the cauliflower head up into small pieces. You can cook these by either putting them in the microwave for 7-10 minutes or by boiling them.
- Drain the cauliflower well, and then add to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Using a cheese cloth or other thin cloth, squeeze out the extra liquid.
- Combine the ground flax seed and water and let it set for 5 minutes (I used a coffee grinder to freshly grind the flax seed, which always seem to give more of a sticky product).
- Combine the cauliflower, flax seed mixture, and spices.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Press the dough into the parchment paper until it is about 1/3 inches thick.
- Cook the cauliflower crust for 30 minutes. Then flip over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings, and cook another 10-15 minutes.
- Let cook and enjoy your pizza!